From:
Celina Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celina Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 01:28:48 -0500

If your grocer carries this brand in your area the following info was sent
to me in a recent letter:

"There are no cereals, fillers, artificial colors/flavors used in
manufacturing any of our Boar's Head brand meats. In addition, there are
no vegetable gums, malts, wheat, rye, oats or barley used. For this
reason, almost all of our products should be compatible with a gluten-free
diet. However, there are a few Boar's Head brand products that do contain
gluten or that we have no guarantee are completely gluten free. For this
reason, please avoid the following items for a gluten free diet:
BH Olive Loaf
BH Dutch Loaf
BH Pickle and Pepper Loaf
BH Hickory Smoked Pasteurized Process Gruyere Cheese
La Rosa D'Oro Stuffed Cherry Peppers
BH Pre-Cooked Bacon(food service)
BH Bulk Pre Sliced Pepperoni(food service)

All other BH brand meats, cheeses and condiments are gluten free. Of
course, we encourage you to always read labels, and check for any specific
ingredients your doctor may want you to avoid. If you have any further
questions about these specific ingredients, please contact us at our
Nutritional Information Line by calling 800-352-6277."

It's always wonderful to discover new items that we can safely eat! Hope
this info has helped in some way.

Happy and Safe GF eating everyone!
Celina in Austin, TX