ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:43:26 -0600
     I know this isn't widely accepted, and most certainly not
easily accepted by most Christians, but demons do talk to us as
Christians.  Worse than this, they can actually put their
feelings upon us and speak in the first person.  This, of course,
makes us immediately think we have said it or we have felt it.  As
I said, most Christian find this difficult, if not down right
impossible, to believe.   they jump up and down and demand I show
them in the Bible where this is true and sometimes I am called a
heretic, a false teacher, and only the Lord knows what they say
when I can't hear them.  Regardless, it is true and if you choose
not to believe it is possible, then God bless you anyway.  when it
happens to you, however, don't forget where you heard it and what
you heard about it so you can Scripturally deal with it.

     I am bringing this up right now because, in recent days, I
have had demons speak to me twice in the first person and even
attempt, in one case, to put their feelings upon me to confirm
what they said was true.  After all, if it feels true, it has to
be true.  Right?  Wrong.  Anyhow, here are the two separate
experiences I want to share with you.  Just in case it happens to
you, of course, some day a hundred years from now or something
like that.

     A couple of weeks ago, I wasn't doing anything in particular
except for thinking about something in my life.  I suddenly heard
in my thoughts, "I'm a drunk."  Not, "You are a drunk," but, "I am
a drunk."  I almost laughed out loud.  Why?  Because not only am I
not a drunk but even has a teenager, I hated the taste of
alcohol.  Twice, in my life, I tried drinking beer; just plain
old beer.  I got about a half a can down before handing it to a
friend to finish.  So, in my entire life time, I probably haven't
had enough alcoholic beverage to even fill one beer can.  Now
LSD, marijuana, hash, speed, and other related drugs is a
different story.  Booze, I hated.  I didn't even like wine, come
to think of it, but my point should be clear by now; I hate
anything alcoholic.

     So, here I am, thinking about something totally unrelated to
booze, and I hear in my thoughts, "I am a drunk."  Sure I am.  So
what was the source of this lie?  I immediately began looking,
through prayer of course, for the source.  I knew, without
question, it was demonic, but why did a demon take that particular
time to try and plant a lie in the thought stream of my daily
life.  The answer would take more than a book to explain.  My
point is that a demon did speak those words in my thoughts to try
and gain a foothold in my life through an implanted lie.
Furthermore, he spoke in the first person to make me think I was
the one who thought it.

     Now, just before writing this article, it happened again but
with a different theme.  I was seated at my desk doing little of
nothing, other than reading email, and when I replied and sent the
message off, suddenly, in my stream of consciousness, I heard, and
felt, "I hate myself."  Wow.  That could be true.  Maybe I do hate
myself.  I'm such a terrible person, a loser, and a failure.
Maybe I really do hate myself.  Nope, I didn't go that route of
thinking.  Why?  I am learning not everything that pops into my
thought life is of God or even of me.

     First of all, in this case, I knew I did not hate myself.
Why should I?  God has revealed so many wonderful things to me and
how He is my Father and how He spends time with me and how He
hears and answers my prayers.  So why should I remotely consider
the possibility that I hate myself when God loves me.  Of course,
I am perfectly aware that others may indeed hate me and that it
could have been a demonic influence associated with that person.
After all, I pray with many people and some of them have demonic
activity all around them.

     Then it hit me.  I didn't say it; a demon said it in the
first person to try and deceive me into thinking I said it so it
must be true.  Well, it isn't true; I don't hate myself.  so what
does a person do in such a case?  He, or she, takes every thought
captive.

     Here is what I did.  I stopped typing and prayed.  Since I
was alone, I prayed out loud and I said these words.  "In the name
of the True Lord Jesus Christ, I call to attention the demon that
just said, "I hate myself," and tried putting the emotional
feelings on me to make me think it was true.  Furthermore, I call
to attention all those under your authority for the same reason.
Note.  You do this because it is rare that only one demon is
hanging around and pestering you.  They almost always have a bunch
of buddies with them to back up their wickedness.  Praying in this
manner, you lump them all together and you aren't stuck dealing
with demon after demon until you get rid of all of them.  So back
to my prayer.

     Once I had called them all to attention in the name of the
True Lord Jesus Christ, I then say, "I bind your words spoken
against me and strip you of your armor and weapons and place the
blood of Jesus Christ upon them.  I now bind you all together as
one and I turn you over to the Chief Shepherd, the True Lord Jesus
Christ, and I command you to leave and to go right now to the
place the True Lord Jesus Christ wants you to go.  Be gone, now,
in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

     What do you suppose happened immediately following this
prayer?  The feeling of worthlessness vanished.  Was it all in my
mind?  Was I just making all this up or are there really demons
sent to try and deceive us?  You decide because I already know the
truth and the truth has set me free.

Phil.

I Flew Kites With Jesus
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com