From:
Craig Coonrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:22:38 -0800
This is fascinating. Some of you may have read reports that there haven't
been any dead animals found in the tsunami (they boogied to high ground).

Upon reading that, I pondered that hunter gatherer people who are still
intimately connected to nature would have the same premonition of the
tsunami and hence get out of harms way. Then I came across this:

>Published reports in the Indian press suggested that the survival of the
>four groups may have been attributable, in part at least, to their
>accumulated knowledge of the sea's movements.
>
>Several reports suggested that at least two of the groups ran for higher
>ground well before the tsunami hit the coasts.

To keep things on topic:

>they hunt wild pig and monitor lizard, fish with bows and arrows, and
>gather seeds, berries and honey.

That sounds familiar?

craig