From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:24:37 +0100
On Sep 14, 2004, at 1:30 pm, Kristina Carlton wrote:
> My doctor wants me to start taking Levothroid to increase my free T4.
> I have
> been on Armour Thyroid for several years now. He tried increasing my
> dose to
> help with my thyroid issues, but it had little or no effect on my T4
> but
> made my T3 go up too high. I know supplements are not paleo but to me
> medication is worse than supplements. Plus I looked up info on
> Levothroid
> and it has lactose which I am intolerant to. So I checked on Synthroid
> which
> has tartrazine among other things and that supposedly is industrial
> waste.
> The other option is a med that has cornstarch.
>
> Is there anything natural I can do to increase T4 levels. I really
> don't
> want to take any of these drugs but I also want to start feeling
> better.
>
> Thanks,
> Kristina

Kristina,

I think my thyroid is slightly slow too.  I've started taking
starflower/borage oil for its GLA (gamma linolenic acid) content, to
help with poor circulation in my hands and feet.  (It's been suggested
to help with Raynaud's disease, which my mum has quite a severe case
of.)  I'm sure I read somewhere that GLA can also help thyroid
problems.  Has anyone else heard this?  I've often suspected that the
thyroid/coldness problem that runs in my family is connected somehow.

Ashley