From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 00:06:32 +0100
On Sep 04, 2004, at 11:35 pm, thetasig wrote:
> You're right to be suspicious.  Bunch of hooey.  Nothing but a galvanic
> measurement which tells nothing of nutrition or, for that matter,
> anything much else.
>
> -=mark=-

You're probably right Mark.  I only took the test to prove my mum wrong
(she didn't believe I had a dairy intolerance and continued feeding me
butter on my food to see how I would react) so all I was bothered about
was a positive reaction to dairy.  (And I guilted her into paying for
it afterwards.)  Although oddly enough, while it picked up all forms of
milk, yoghurt came out with no reaction.

I don't know what the biological "theory" behind the test is.  Maybe
it's just statistical thing, and the it throws up enough positive
results that it hits on people's sensitivities quite often.  Also, the
guy doing the test has seen a questionnaire beforehand so he knows what
to give a positive reaction to if he wants to confirm your suspicions.
Obviously, by eating paleo, I'd picked up most of my sensitivities by
trial and error and told him what I was expecting.  Maybe I should have
gone in and said how good milk is for my health and how lettuce makes
me vomit uncontrollably.

I only went there because (a) my mum "recommended" it and (b) blood
tests run into the hundreds of £s.  In a few years time when I've got
the cash to burn, I'll have the blood tests done- and maybe have my
mercury filling replaced too :)

Ashley