From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 19:26:26 +0100
On Sep 04, 2004, at 5:21 pm, ginny wilken wrote:
> FWIW, I put little stock in allergy testing. Allergic responses are a
> deep-seated immune system problem, and will change from time to time
> depending on the strength of the immune system at that point. Some
> foods ARE inherently bad for us, which you have discovered, and others,
> which by rights should be no problem, are just marginally reactive. As
> health is regained, these sensitivities should wane, and of course the
> proper Paleo diet is a major factor in rebuilding health and proper
> immune system reaction.

Not long ago I had a Nutimark food sensitivity test in a branch of
Holland & Barratt (I live in the UK).  It consists of holding a big
electrode in one hand, having a smaller pointy electrode pressed on a
point on the middle finger of the other, and having a current passed
through a small bottle containing a "sample" of the food.  It correctly
picked up my milk intolerance (you would be right to wonder why I was
having a sensitivity test if I knew what food I should be avoiding),
threw up several non-paleo foods I obviously avoid, and also said I had
a signficant result on oranges, bananas, chicken and lamb (!) and a few
others.

Has anyone else had this test, or does anyone know how/if it works?  I
don't appear to get any sort of reaction from bananas or satsumas (I
don't like big oranges anyway), and my only explanation for why chicken
came up is that it's fed corn (also a positive result)- but I don't
appear to react to corn anyway.  But really, I'm just suspicious that
passing an electric current through your body can tell you anything
about its complex workings inside.

Ashley