From:
Jen and Duane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jen and Duane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2004 22:24:34 -0500

Thanks so much for all of the kind responses, what a great support/resource all of you are!
I received numerous (at least 30) responses. Many explaining a painless, easy procedure... but at least as many with experiences similar to mine.(awake, gagging, crying.) I guess the key is to receive enough versed, the amnesic part of the drug combo.(the part that makes you forget. ) My physician did call me to apologize that I had a difficult time and explained to me that he had to use a much longer tube so it wasn't;t really an endoscopy but an enteroscopy because to reach the small intestine they need to go pretty far. He had mentioned that if I needed to have one done in the future, ha, ha, we would try a different dosage, etc. but I did have the maximum dosage according to him. Anyway long summary here.. nice to get a call at least. Once again thanks so much for all the support! biopsy showed significant healing in the 1 year gluten free (although not completely healed much improved) Thanks! Jennifer