From:
Melissa Pittman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melissa Pittman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:17:27 -0400

Since my son (2 1/2 yrs. old)was diagnosed with Celiac I have had him on a stringent GF diet.  I have simultaneously tried to balance a gluten free and gluten containing kitchen.  My son has responded well to the diet, but continues to have flare ups about twice a month despite my current efforts.  For those of you who have continued to have gluten containing products in your home and are successful at it, what are your methods?  Or is this an impossible venture?  I want to do what is best for my son.  Since I have pretty much ruled out food as the cause of his reactions, I can only assume it is coming from our kitchen and I want to know what I'm doing wrong.  Please give me any suggestions that work for you in your own home.  Or if you are completely GF at home, what works for you when you are out of town with people who are not GF.  I also have suspicions about my dishwasher, which leaves stuff on the tops of glasses, etc.  I look forward to your input

Sincerely,

Melissa