From:
Jonathan Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:11:02 -0400

My Aunt found this recipe in the newspaper.
I was very skeptical when I saw that it called for a can of chickpeas, but it
is one of the best GF cakes I've ever had.  It's actually kind of like a
brownie.  With chickpeas, you have the added benefit of fiber, protein and
iron.  But you honestly don't taste chickpeas.  It's very easy to make. Try
it!

1 1/2 C chocolate chips
1 19oz. can (pre-cooked) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 eggs or 1 C egg substitute
1 C. sugar or less to taste
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. powdered sugar for garnish

In a small bowl, melt the choc. chips in the microwave (or in a double broiler
on the stove).  Combine the beans and eggs in a blender or processor, then
add sugar, baking powder and melted chocolate.  Blend until smooth.  Turn
into a nonstick single-layer cake pan.  Bake at 350 for 45 min. or until a
knife in the center comes out clean.
Dust with powdered sugar when ready to serve.

Sorry if this is a repeat recipe, but I've not seen it before.