From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 12:44:39 -0700
Matt,

Hadn't thought of power supply problems, but a definite possibility. 300
watt is on the small side for an Athlon xp 3000+. I run a 3000+ with an
Antec 420 true power without problem. I run two input fans in the front and
two output at the rear and still have heating issues when the room temp gets
above 80 degrees. My CPU usually runs near 60 degrees when the room temps is
in the 60-low 70 degree range. I use all round cabling. I have a gigabyte
board that is somewhat constricted for the HSF. I can't use any of the
oversized units or ones that require the mounting holes (the board has none
and has capacitors very near the cpu socket -- bad design for today's fast,
heat producing cpus). Good luck. The changes you outline sound like a good
plan. Best of luck,

Jim

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>