From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 16:25:24 -0400
The things that you mentioned that works your video card also are heavy users of your processor.  Heavy use of the processor creates more heat and overheating will cause the shutdown that you describe.  I would look at how the fans are performing, especially the CPU fan.  If they are OK, then try running the PC with the case removed, and if possible, a portable fan blowing directly on the motherboard in the CPU area.  The Athlon XP 30000 has a built-in auto shutdown if it gets too hot.

Also, what is the wattage of your power supply?  The Athlon XP 3000 takes a hefty power supply, most recommend a 400 watt size.  Too small of a power supply will also cause shutdown problems.

Doug