From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:38:49 -0700

Hi Listmates,

I got a handful of responses to my inquiry re the Noni product which a
friend has been touting.    Here is what she emailed:

"I trully want to share the gift of health with everybody.  At this time
last year, I was on claritin-D, an inhaler twice a day and going to to the
ophtalmologist due to eye infections as a consequence of my
allergies.  None of that this year!  I do have some sneezing at times but
that is it!  I went with my older son to Ardenwood farm and around plants,
flowers and dirt, that was the real test. Nothing!!  Just 2 times I sneezed
and that was it!   I was even thinking on getting,  last year, the shots
for the allergies, even though they say they may or not help.  But thanks
to Noni, I will not have to rely on medicine, just the wonders of this
amazing fruit"
---------------------------------------
I checked with the distributor:

From: "TNI Corp. Product Inquiries" <[log in to unmask]>
There are no research done on Celiac Disease and Lactose
Intolerance.  However, some TNJ (TAHITIAN NONI Juice) users found TNJ were
beneficial to their auto-immune diseases (Asthma and Lupus).  For Macular
Degeneration, try our product Omega 3,6,9 which contains fatty acids of
omega 3, 6, 9.  Research showed that deficiency of omega 3 was related to
Macular Degeneration.
---------------------------------
Here are some websites:

<http://www.noni-is-good-for-you.com>www.noni-is-good-for-you.com.
http://www.quackwatch.org/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=noni
http://www.tahitiannoni.com/us/us_index.htm

--------------------------------
The listmember responses:
* it's gluten free.  I checked with the company.  as for its healing
properties, i'm not convinced.

*My brother and his wife were distributors of this product, and they still
use it.  I am very skeptical  myself. I read all the claims, and I even
heard some first-hand testimony from some of their neighbors down in
Florida.  Yet I watched her use it to lose weight, to quit smoking, to rid
herself of a cold, and I could not see that it worked.  She didn't lose
weight, she started smoking again, and was sick about the same amount as
normal people during the year.    Yet she boasted of all its powers.  It
became a running joke between my husband and I that any time we needed to
get better from something, we should try Noni.

*There is no harm to give it a try.

Mildie Oberkotter