From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:02:12 -0500

>Had polycystic ovaries, fibroids inside the lining of my uterus and
>adenomyosis
>
>According to a saliva test, before my hysterectomy, my estrogen was normal,
>my progesterone was WAY too low despite using natural progesterone cream,
>and my testosterone was off the charts high - higher than in some men. When
>I was tested via a blood test after the hyst the estrogen and testosterone
>were back to normal as is the FSH, but no doctor has been willing to test
>the progesterone. I have a hormone saliva test kit at  home right now. The
>trick is to know when to test. Obviously I have no idea when I am on days
>19 - 21 so I am waiting to get the breast tenderness - haven't gotten it
yet
>this time around. The test is for progesterone and estradiol, but I am
>trying to add testosterone as well.

Forgot to mention that Dr. Gillespie doesn't think much of most saliva
tests -- some she likes but not all.  Do not be put off by this -- try to
glean other info from her free website section that may be of use to you.
Interesting that you had NO rise in your progesterone levels from natural
progesterone use -- Dr. G is of the mindset that natural progesterone cream
won't raise low progesterone levels either.  Interesting.. because I've
read all the anectodal success stories to the contrary after Dr. Lee's book
advocating progeserone cream came out. Your experience seems to echo her
views.   Anyway, I don't agree with every aspect of her diet theories for
example, but have found other info on her site very helpful and especially
the one on one questions I've had answered by her.  I like her blunt, no-
nonsense approach as well.  Good luck and let me know your age (I'm not
obsessed, but the forum will ask me if I end up posting your question for
you).