From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:01:57 -0500
2. My appetite.  Some people report their appetite virtually
disappearing.  I find that while I can go quite a while without eating
if I'm busy, I am still happy to eat quite a lot every 2-3 hours.  I
can eat a huge amount of meat and could probably eat through a bag of
carrots in one sitting.  Maybe it's my mum overfeeding me?  I seem to
have a fast metabolism, but my last thyroid test (pre-paleo) was
borderline low!

3.  My fruit cravings.  Like I said, I've been avoiding fruit all week,
and the cravings have been intense.  I gave in tonight, and had a pear
and a satsuma.  I felt satisfied for the first time this week.  I have
to be careful, because I can easily over-eat on fruit, and I find it
makes me more hungry during the day.

Has anyone else been in similar situations?  I'd be grateful for any
advice because I seem to have reached a stumbling block.

Ashley

I can definitely relate to the hunger and also the cravings with fruit. If I
eat one peach or one strawberry, I want a ton more.

My dilemma with the hunger is that I am craving protein for the most part
and was just told I should probably have no more than up to 2 grams per
kilogram of body weight. For me that would be 120 grams which is 20 oz
roughly in one day if my math is right. I crave a lot more than that. So
what do I eat - I love veggies, but don't want that many.