From:
The Notte Family <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Notte Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:56:56 -0500

Here is a quick and easy recipe that I love and tastes delicious when made with DeBoles rice angel hair pasta. DeBoles brand was the first GF pasta I made for myself after being diagnosed with CD. When I tasted it plain to see if it was cooked, my first thought was this pasta tastes like rice and will go better with soy sauce on it then marinara sauce! So I found a recipe that works well with this brand pasta. To me it tastes just like the cold sesame noodles I used to order from my favorite Chinese restaurant. I'm sure you can use other brands of pasta, but since this pasta has a strong rice flavor, it goes very well with the sauce.

Cold Sesame Noodles
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons GF soy sauce
A shake or two of GF hot sauce (spice it up or down to your preference)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/3 pound DeBoles rice angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente, drained and cooled
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon of dried chives

Whisk peanut butter, soy, hot sauce, oil and sesame oil. Add cold pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle pasta with sesame seeds and chives to garnish.

I have no financial interest in DeBoles. Just found a creative way to use some GF pasta I wasn't too thrilled with until I found a recipe that complements it.

Enjoy!
Joyce