From:
Liz Fichera <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liz Fichera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:54:24 -0400

Dear Celiacs,

I recently discovered a wonderful Thai restaurant where I can finally enjoy eating Asian food again.  For years I have given up eating Asian food because of the soy sauce and I could not settle for steamed vegetables and chicken.  I do not enjoy boring food.

My husband begged me to try the new Thai restaurant that opened a week ago.  I was very reluctant because I did not want to eat steamed vegetables.  The manager "JOHN" was very accomodating.  He prepared a soy free entree for me.  The next time I dined there I brought my own wheat-free soy sauce.  "John" the manager and "Pete" the cool/owner are able to make just about anything for me with the wheat-free soy sauce.  They are very accomodating and understand about my allergies to wheat.  I have never gotten sick there.  I am very sensitive to gluten.  I will have a reaction within an hour of eating gluten.  This has never happened to me here.

The restaurant is "THAI BASIL"  -- ASIAN FUSION -- SUSHI BAR    20-02 UTOPIA PARKWAY (AROUND 22 ND AVENUE)  WHITESTONE, NY 11357
PHONE: 718 - 352 - 8100
            FAX: 718 - 352-9229

Ask for JOHN the manager he works there from Thursday - Sunday.  Or you can ask for Pete the cook/owner he is there all the time.

I have nothing to profit from mentioning this place.  I just want to share my good fortune with fellow celiacs.  I am so happy to find an Asian place where I can finally eat!!!

Enjoy!!!
Liz