From:
Rick Dempsey #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:14:40 -0700
okay before spending any money please do a little research and find out
where the CMOS jumper is on the motherboard.  or simply remove the battery
for a few minutes and put it back in.  this will reset the system's BIOS to
it's factory default state.  i have had many people messing with bios
settings who came to me with their arms up "everything has power but it does
nothing".  big causes of this are altered CPU/RAM timings, which will render
everything useless until they are reset.

i've never had something wrong because it was "loose" and you seriously have
to fry a cpu before it wont work.  if something has been zapped with enough
electricity it will be dead.  test everything in another computer
(carefully) and try booting with different combinations of hardware (cpu +
ram only, cpu+ram+hdd, etc)

just my 2 cents.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml