From:
Rick Dempsey #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:04:17 -0700
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Well as for being touted "vaguely" I'm not sure that is true. According to
> the Web site info,

like i said i've built dozens of computers and have a small business
relationship with people in my town.  people who want to "learn" as well as
enjoy having someone they know around to help them learn, or fix, their
computers.  they also like stuff  *nobody*  else has.  i work ~55 hours a
week at my normal job, then spend most of my free time building pc's and
have established quite a substantial network of customers who i guarantee
will never ever go through anybody *but me* for their technology needs.

i guess i omitted my entire point of my plea, seeing as i've been in a
scramble to regain the nigh 500$ i've lost from this ordeal, so i should
have elaborated:

jetway has changed their front page 3 times since i bought this.  i *did*
some research, i felt somewhat confident in the purchase because they seemed
as though they were really proud of their product.

jetway has changed their 2 support email addresses multiple times since i
bought it.
jetway has not responded to a single email of mine, and i am usually pretty
good at dealing with tech support.  i send emails every 3 days.  i have been
nothing but friendly.  before i bought this barebones, their site was a
complete mess of mangled engrish, which i've dealt with before, to positive
results (abit, shuttle, FIC, asus to name a few).  this is really the first
major problem i've ever had with a newegg purchase, and i've bought some
pretty obscure crap from there :)

i have run out of RMA time from newegg, i just have to take this in stride
and eat the loss.  i can pay for this in time and will probably mod it into
a box of my own seeing as i've been hankerin' for a speedy AMD system again.

i appreciate your reply Frank and think you probably have a lot more
experiance than i.  maybe someday i will strive for a moneymaker but for now
i'm happy having a bunch of people willing to lan party every few weeks :)
i should take it a little easier, but this is really one out of around 40
builds that required more thought and time than i had :(  live and learn i
guess!  cheers!

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com