From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:15:46 -0500
Hi,

Having dozens of different keyboards around, I have not personally run
into that situation before.  It is an interesting question. I would
think that being a USB device, the keyboard and mouse may work without
any problems on a new setup.  If it doesn't, just borrow one temporary
to get yourself going.

I know I will get flack over this, but if the board is brand new, why
would you have to fix it, if it ain't broke, with a BIOS upgrade.  You
could always just hook one up as a temporary measure to do just such a
thing.  Less costly than going to an USB floppy.  Also you could always
ask your local dealer, you are purchasing the board from, to do the BIOS
upgrade for you before you take it. :-)

Setting Serial ATA drives in the BIOS as your primary drive should be
all you need to do.  They work great, and are quite fast.  Every BIOS
will be different so check yours out and ask you local dealer if there
is anything special you need to know.

One point, some main boards come with the serial ATA Data cables, some
come with data and power cables, some do not.  If you are getting an OEM
drive, the power cable may not come with it.  If it is retail it should
have the adapter cable.  Just one small detail to check before you start
to build your system.  You need to have both cables, data and power.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

Subject: [PCBUILD] new amd 64 bit machine

i am new and this is my first post so if this question has already been
asked and answered pleast point me to the answer. i have already started
to aquire parts to build my new pc, and a few things are starting to
worry me (listed below) 1. My wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse...
before the initial setup of the OS will the machine reconise it? 2. This
machine will have no floppy drive and i dont intend to use one... how
will i install bios upgrades. 3. This machine will have no IDE hard
drives... will i get any problems installing the OS to a 2 serial ata
hard drive system (i have never delt with serial ata before)

i need these answered before the 939 mainboard is out

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml