From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:36:56 -0500
Hi,

I had a customer with a similar problem.

Switching to Win XP Pro solved the problem.  I think It is a win 2k
issue with the SATA drives.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

==================================
Subject: [PCBUILD] SATA Hard Drive

I have installed an 80 gig sata hard drive on my new computer which is
sata ready. The hard drive is not seen thus windows 2000 can not be
installed. When I go to the bios, it does not show any primary disk.
When I install a test drive in an ide slot, it shows up on my system.
Any suggestions what can be wrong? I have check all of the jumpers and
bios settings but this is my first experience with this type of drive.

Bob Zuccarello

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com