From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:50:04 -0600
I need help.

Am planning to have DSL Internet access in my classroom (20 networked
computers) and also share to to other computers in the building (they will
not be part of the classroom intranet I now have).

The 20 classroom computers all have static IP addresses (192.168.1.xx) on a
hub. All use XP Home.  For $59.95 a month the phone company will give us 5
IPs (dynamic). Two of the IPs would go to the other office, and I would only
want to use 3 in the classroom.

Other than the DSL modem, what do I need to allow the 3 classroom computers
Internet access (and be able to network with the other classroom computers)
and maintain my classroom intranet?

I guess I need to know things like what equipment, how to configure the
computers like changing my static addresses, using a gateway? I'm not sure
what I need to even ask.

Byron Wolter
San Antonio

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: