From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:24:27 -0800
If you wanted, you could get 1 of the kits and hook
your radio at home to your computer, and put it on a
frequency that can talk to the remote base. Then you
could get echolink, or IRLP, or both on your computer
and away you go. If there's an IRLP or echolink node
in your area on the right band and you get the control
op's permission to link your repeater to it, you're
ready to go already. I'll look you up on QRZ and check
the echolink and IRLP sites with your coordinates to
see if there's anything in your area you might try.