ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 08:29:59 -0600
Recently, my next to the oldest brother, who is alcoholic, laid out his plan
for killing himself to another brother of mine who is very in touch with the
word of god having been through drug problems of his own.
That brother told the alcoholic that he would be at the other's house at 5
in the morning and they would get him help.
He showed up and the alcoholic had drunk himself into a passed out state and
when he woke him the alcoholic cussed him out and told him to leave him
alone.
The brother trying to help, not knowing what else to do went to the
sheriff's office and told them the situation and asked what he could do?
The sheriff's office sent someone out and when they found an open door,
there were able to enter the house, and give the drunkard a choice of being
arrested or getting help.
I think that's how the choices went.
In the end the drunkard committed himself to a treatment center and I hear
he is on the road to recovery again.
I don't know what to say to him and he makes me mad so I stay out of all of
this but for what it's worth, there's what happened when someone I know
threatened suicide.
I know there's got to be at least one scripture about what happens when you
take your own life because I think I have read it but I don't know where it
is.
I can see why Paul left this list.

Matt

Never react out of fear, when dealing with relationships.
Fear prophesizes a negative outcome.
Instead, trust that if you do the right thing, the outcome will be right.