From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:29:37 -0500
What *I* hate is when said officials give you a message, you pass it on
and then two minutes later they come back and want you to tell the
receiving station something they forgot to put in the original missive.
When I was working emergency comms in new Mexico, I began to require
that the local sheriff's office put messages in writing before I'd send
them.  I had them read the messages to me but at least it forced the
dudes to think of what they weregoing to say before they came to me.  I
wasn't very popular for a while (I forgot that they were armed) but they
got used to it and, in the end, had to admit that I was correct.

Mike Freeman < K 7 U I J >