From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:45:10 -0600
        Wow!  It kind of got me to.  I didn't know whether to be mad
or confused.  I pulled a radio-related April Fool's joke on my wife
yesterday when I tried to convince her that a popular oldies station
in Oklahoma City had gone country.  Not just a little country, but
George Jones and Hank Williams country.  We started out by listening
to the oldies station and, when she went in to the kitchen and turned
on the microwave oven which drowned out the radio, I switched it to a
country station.  They were playing Conway Twitty and I said, "Hmm.
It looks like KOMA has changed their format to country."

        She didn't even think of the date and went right along with
it.

        The D.J.'s were talking about George Jones and other
well-known country performers but my wife was far enough away from the
radio that she didn't notice that the voices were different.

        I think she was ready to give my breakfast to the dog when I
said, "April fools!"