From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:49:46 -0000
I've had this happen (or similar) more than once and found that one of my
'perfect' children had altered the monitor settings. Of course, nobody
admitted to doing it, and since I've banned my kids from using my pc, it
hasn't happened again.
On the front of the monitor, there's often some buttons to alter the monitor
display. (usually there are pictures to show what each one can do)(sometimes
they're inside a panel which opens)
Before you panic, try altering some of those, you'll soon get the hang of
what each one does.
There might be another button there which allows you to 'save' the settings.
I've found that if this is not pressed, the problem reoccurs on restart.
This might not be the problem, it may be something more severe, but this is
the obvious, try it first.
Michele Sayer

>I hope someone can give me some suggestions.  Recently, two of our
computers came on with a screen that looked someone had played with the
settings - icons were larger, the screen picture was wide at the top and
bottom, hiding some of the icons, and indented on the sides.  They were
readjusted and this lasted until they were booted up the next morning.  It
was suggested to change the settings and, again, this lasted for a time but
reverted back to 'disfigured' screen.

>Any insights into the possible problem and resolution?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml