GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pierre Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:05:14 -0500
&#65279;"I will still maintain though that these people who were once APRC insiders
can provide their compatriots valuable information and perhaps that can be a bit
of atonement for their participation in a regime that continues to gag and kill
our people and destroying our country" .

You see Jabou, the problem here is; assuming, your one and only goat got missing
and suddenly a wolf knocks at your door to claim that he knows who ate your goat
and how; you should not only become suspicious of that wolf, but if possible, use
a base ball bat to smash the wolf's face and disable it immediately, before you
may proceed to listen to the remainding story it may have to tell. No matter the
story this wolf tells you Jabou, the bottom-line is, 'all wolves are hungry for
goat meat'        So, how could you declare atonement for a single wolf because
it is claiming it has a story to tell?  PG

 ----- Original Message ----- From: Jabou Joh Sent: 1/21/2004 9:26:07 AM To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bread &Butter Politics
> Pierre, >>I know exactly what you are talking about in terms of those who were
dfenders >of a Regime that could do no wrong in their eyes despite the factsa to
the >contrary, and only become critics after they got the boot. You are dead on
about >that, and you are right, Tombong has kept the blinders on even after getting
>the boot and you have ot give him credit for that. I am not sure that Dr Sedat
>Jobe quit because of moral reasons, but perhaps because he had disagreements >on
procedure. This Regime had already committed enough atrocities by the tiem >Sedat
Jobe came on board such that any decent Gambian/Human being would have >opted not
to join them, especially when they had other optiond like Sedat Jobe >had at his
disposal. >I will still maintain though that these people who were once APRC insiders
>can provide their compatriots valuable information and perhaps that can be a bit
>of atonement for their participation in a regime that continues to gag and >kill
our people and destroying our country. >However, I still take exception to the way
you phrased you viewpoint. You >essentially stated that G-L was composed of disgruntled
es-APRC associates, and >you still need to rectify/qualify that statement. >Thanks.
>>Jabou Joh >>In a message dated 1/21/04 1:40:20 AM Central Standard Time, >[log in to unmask]
writes: >>>>Dear Matarr &Jabou, >>>>Can i use these examples to explain. >>1. Dean,
democratic pres. hopeful, remain who he was: before the invasion of >>iraq, during
the war, the capture of sadam, rebuilding of Iraq, and even in >>iowa. >>i.e. Always
oppose the war >>>>2. Dr. Sedat Jobe deserve respect also becaure he is not happy
with the >>system, he quit. >>>>3 Tombng has his business and does not need to woo
Yaya for a job. The man >>simply belief in what he beliefs. But those who see the
picture differently >>only when they get the sack, Come on folks; You don't understand
interface >at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html >>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~