C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:29:05 EST
This morning I had to go down to one of the other college campus to register
with the disabilities office. Trying to rsgister next week when the campus
will be officially open is always a nightmare. Anyway as a result the campus was
practically empty. It is also 17 degrees outside. Coldest it's been all
winter. I had never been to this campus before and it is very big and spread out
with stairs everywhere. You know one of those places where finding elevators is
worse then looking for a needle in a haystack?

Anyway I had to go in and out of many buildings.. all the buildings have 2
sets of doors to go through to get inside and out. In every building the outer
door would be automatic but the inner door have nothing or vice versa. So,
there I am in the freezing cold trying to open doors and jam my electric chair
through them, before they closed without breaking my joystick box or my fingers,

I just had to laugh cuz I notice this a lot out in public. Like if I go to
walmart and the entrance doors are automatic but not the exit doors. It's like
they either don't want you to go in or they don't want you to leave. I know
here they built a 20 stadium movie theater 3 yrs ago with over 25 entrances and
not ONE eletric or power assist door. I've written so many letters. It's funny
how the college disabilites office just tells you to ask someone to open the
doors. Of course that still reqiuires sitting out in the cold. Still I find it
HYSTERICAL what's the point of only doing 1 door if you have to go through 2
doors to get in or out?

Just my twisted sense of humor I suppose. hehe

CJ aka Christina Jo
"Blood to blood I summon thee. Bring back the power of three!" ~Piper
"Charmed Again"

Believer in the only TRUE power of 3... LOVE, COMPASSION, STRENGTH