Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:31:04 +1000

I am getting a tad set up with this splitting of hairs.

My question is:

If you have been diagnosed with celiac disease via a biopsy and your villi
have been found damaged, then, you stick to the diet and your villi heal,
shouldn't you then, under this strict diagnosis, no longer have celiac
disease, just gluten sensitivity - after all - you have healed villi.

So, according to some, you no longer have the disease, just a gluten
sensitivity, so you are only allergic to wheat.
It seems to me we have a circular argument here, but perhaps I am missing
something in translation.

Please elucidate and educate me.

Regards,
Sylvia,