From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:11:41 -0800

This is a day late and a dollar short, but better late than never.  I has asked last November, about eating in McKinney, TX.  This was my first visit to my brother's home since my son was diagnosed with celiac.  He blew me away.  He had read up on gf recipes and bought a ton of gf products.  He even had baked some fresh Bob's Red Mill bread.  It was delicious.  Because of this, we only went out to eat while we were there twice.  The good old stand-by, Outback.  Everyone by now knows about Outback and the dinner was flawless.

Then there was Dave & Buster's.  This didn't go as well.  He had a very, very plain chicken breast.  They (the chef, actually) did recommend some pasta to go with it, which immediately put us on danger watch.

I did want to make sure I wrote to you about the store I went to.

Healthy Approach Market
5100 State Hwy 121
Colleyville, TX  76034
817/399-9100

Thanks to all that recommended it.  I have never seen such a selection of gluten-free products in a store before.  I found it hard to leave the store.  It's a bit pricey, but the selection was incredible.  It looks to me like they put some research into this area and have purchased a lot of things that I can only find on the internet.  So, if you're in the Dallas area, I highly recommend checking this store out.

PS:  This was a road trip from Calif to Texas.  We ate several times at Cracker Barrel safely.  I had a list with me.

Sidona/San Diego