ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 07:50:23 -0500
Thanks, Berta!  Smile.  That is what the LORD was telling me last night.  I'm still waiting for the ax to fall with exactly how much I owe due to a clerical error that I am being held responsible for because I didn't catch it.  But the bottom line is that the advice I gave Rhonda is good for me, too.  The LORD will get me through, it's just a matter of how and how much it is going to sting in the learning process.

It seems to be a way of life for me.  I set out in a sailboat with a full sail, a boat full of friends and a beautiful day, all is well.  Then, suddenly, I wake up as if from a nap (not unlike waking up after three days last year), am in the middle of a storm in a broken, sinking boat, alone, and have no idea how I got there.  I panic at first, then realize the LORD is still in charge of the storm, and get through...albeit painfully...after a while. As I say, after a lesson or two along the way.  But I do tend to hear the voices of my dead parents telling me it's my fault every time.  I do try to be more careful but things tend to slip by me.  It's just a matter of what and when.

And it's nothing compared to what you folks come through, including Gail out there, weathering storms with grace.  I want to be like y'all when I grow up.  Smile.

Paul