ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:33:56 -0800
The perception of demons and demonology is a denominational thing.  Some see a demon behind every bush, every sniffle, etc.  Some ignore them completely to their own peril.  My only warning is to remember the Seven Sons of Sceva in Acts 19.  They tried to toss out demons "in the Name of the JESUS whom Paul preaches" They got a response, alright, but not the one they were expecting.  The demons set upon them, shouting (as I like to paraphrase) "JESUS we know, and Paul we've heard of, but who the hell are you?", ripping and tearing them up.  Christians get obsessed with demonology sometimes because it smacks of supernatural powers yet has something to do with JESUS, so it must be okay.  But it's dangerous business.  John wrote in one of his letters (1 John 4:4) "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."  That is the key, I think as Believers.  Bring JESUS into the situation and into the heart of everyone you can.  The issue isn't driving demons out, but bringing the Light and Love of JESUS in.

Paul