ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 07:33:17 -0500
It is a trap to presume that God wants to make us perfect specimens of what
He can do--God's purpose is to make us one with Himself. The emphasis of
holiness movements tends to be that God is producing specimens of holiness
to put in His museum. If you accept this concept of personal holiness, your
life's determined purpose will not be for God, but for what you call the
evidence of God in your life. How can we say, "It could never be God's will
for me to be sick"? If it was God's will to bruise His own Son
(<http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?passage=Isaiah+53:10> Isaiah 53:10 ),
why shouldn't He bruise you? What shines forth and reveals God in your life
is not your relative consistency to an idea of what a saint should be, but
your genuine, living relationship with Jesus Christ, and your unrestrained
devotion to Him whether you are well or sick.

~Oswald Chambers~