From:
"Maurice J. Reid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:03:23 -0700
I'm not sure where you live, so the numerous promotional and rebate sales
offered on a continuing basis by U.S. retailers may not apply. I would
suggest going to Epson and Canon websites since they often have promotional
or closeout sales on lower end printers. E-bay is ok for new printers if you
the seller has a good reputation and review. Again, not knowing where you
are, but in U.S. a good printer can be had for $50.00. However, be careful
of
replacement cartridge costs before you buy. You may get an inexpensive
printer and then find by your second cartridge replacement you have exceeded
the cost of the printer. This is one of the reasons I agree with Bud- no
Lexmark. Been there, done that. Good luck. Printers are one of the best buys
for individual needs  in the computer marketplace.

Maurice Reid