From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:36:40 -0500
Hi, all.

As many of you know, I own a Kenwood THF6A HT.  I have had the radio now for
about a year and a half.

Recently, I have noticed that the lythium ion battery pack that came with
the radio doesn't seem to hold a charge like it used to.  It seems to me
that it should have lasted longer than a year and a half.

I either charge the pack with the wall adapter that came with the radio, or
a Maha MHC777+2 smart charger.  When I charge it with the MHC77+2 smart
charger, I'm always sure to have it on the Lythium ion setting.

I should point out that I often use this radio as a base unit, and power it
with a regulated 3-amp power supply, but my understanding has always been
that when the power supply is used, the battery is not.

Any words of wisdom on this issue would be appreciated.  This is the first
problem I have ever had with this great little HT.  It is really
inconvenient to, because, as you know, the radio gives you no warning when
the battery dies, and it seems to be dying on me quicker than usual now if I
am using it.

Thanks, and best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI