C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:54:32 -0600
Linda,

The site below might help answer your questions.

http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/summary.htm

Standards for Electronic and Information Technology: An Overview

Section 508 may actually have more clout than the ADA in some cases.
It's part of the Rehab Act of 1973, and has withstood 20 years or so of
judicial scrutiny that the ADA has, at best, been questioned on.  We are
in the process of negotiating with our university over some changes that
are being made to physical access, specifically parking issues.  We're
focusing our efforts on Section 504 issues (also part of the '73 rehab
act) because it's got a stronger history, and would probably stand up
better at trial if we have to go that far, and definitely on appeal, if
we end up there.

Kendall Corbett

An unreasonable man (but my wife says that that's redundant!)

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950