From:
Kim Attaway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Attaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:03:13 -0600

I recently responded to a question posed by a Listserv member, but they had posted their summary already, and asked me to post it instead.

There has been a lot lately on Listserv about supplements that others have tried and found helpful.  Please always remember that you should not just start taking something without first talking to your doctor and pharmacist.

First of all a doctor will tell you if he knows of any misinformation about the supplement, and secondly a pharmacist will tell you if there is a possible drug interaction with present prescriptions you are taking.  It has been in the news and internet a lot lately how supplements may pose possible deadly side effects when mixed with prescription drugs. It's always best to play it safe.

Kim Attaway
Central Wyoming Celiac Association,
Chapter #95 of CSA/USA, Inc.