From:
Kim Attaway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Attaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:58:28 -0600

I have a member that is in the middle of custody case involving a daughter that was diagnosed with cd by blood test.  The mother does realize that it is always best to have a biopsy done, but by a credible doctor.  This family has recently learned that all their daughters (4) have cd.  Below is her email to me.  Anyone willing to share their story, I will be sure to pass it along to our member.  Thank you.

Kim Attaway
President
Central Wyoming Celiac Association

I need to know if the other celiacs of the group are willing to share with me how many of them had biopsies that were negative.  Long story but it has to do with the custody hearing we are dealing with. My ex has decided to get a biopsy done on ***** in order to prove to ME that she does NOT have celiac disease.  THe biopsy does not bother me so much as the fact that a) he didn't consult me before hand and b) that I have heard of others having biopsies that were negative even after blood work that indicated a need for them.
I can't say the biopsy doesn't bother me.....it seems awfully invasive to me for a  9 year old to have to undergo, especially when this Dr.  says she doesn't need it anyway, but because my ex told her *I* needed proof she will do it anyway.