From:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 08:38:23 -0600

Hi List-

Just a follow-up to the McNeil USA product list...

Last week I had a question about Lactaid. First of all, like the poster
said, McNeil's does not call any of their products GF! However, apparently
the reason that Lactaid Ice Cream is not on their list, is because it
contains guar gum! As most of us know, guar gum is GF...this just shows
that misinformation definitely exists w/ many manufacturers. Also, the
Lactaid vanilla chewable tablets are GF- and not on their list. This has
been verified on the Clan Thompson list.

So- if you need to use these products, it's good news for you. However, feel
free to verify this info yourselves. I just thought I would pass along what
I found out :-)

-Richelle in UT