From:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:49:44 -0600

Hi Everyone-

Sorry this summary has taken so long...we've been on vacation. Thanks to all
of you for your help. I got many responses, and so many of you provided
wonderful information! Because we've been gone I haven't yet had a chance to
make any phone calls. However, thanks so much for the phone #'s and contact
names etc. It was nice to know that there are so many of you out there
thinking about doing this as well. I found it interesting that some of you
were charged and others were not...guess it's done on a case by case basis.
All of you said it was well worth it. Here's what you had to say:

________
You need to call us...we'll tell you the procedure. 773-702-7593...(we work
with Dr. Guandalini).

Michelle

Michelle Melin-Rogovin, MPP
Program Director
University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program
5839 S. Maryland Avenue, MC 4065
Chicago, IL. 60637
Phone: 773-834-0166
Fax: 773-702-0666
_________

I had some slides sent to Stanford.  The hospital or clinic will have a
form you must fill out and have notarized that says where you want them
sent and that you give your permission.  I would contact the physicians
you want them sent to and get their permission to have them sent, and to
get the correct address.  Then contact the hospital/clinic and have them
mail or fax you the form.  You can just send it in after it's notarized,
or it can be done by fax if you have access to one.  Hope that helps!
_________

Call Dr. Fasano's office at 410-328-0812.  You will probably have to leave a
message, but they can request your slides and tell the lab how to package
them.  You will probably have to sign a release for the lab that has the
slides currently.  Since Fasano's lab asked me to send the slides to them,
it did not cost me anything, so I don't know what it may cost otherwise
_________

His office number is 410/328-0812. Call and arrange with his thorough and
well-versed office staff. His secretary screened the call thoroughly, and I
must have passed muster, because later in the day he actually called me to
discuss my daughter's case. We spoke for 15 minutes on the phone, and then
three months later had an in-person appointment. We stayed at a hotel and
made a long weekend trip out of it. It was well worth it though. Finally got
a CD diagnosis
_________

You could call Pam King at 410/328-1213 (University of Maryland School of
Medicine) and ask her what the charge would be.
_________

I thought that it was well worth it to have Fasano look at the slides. Try
to speak with him on the phone to complement the slide review. I am not sure
what he charged, something like a few hundred dollars, I think. But that
included a full work-up, slide reading, consultation, etc. And we were
really fortunate that insurance covered it! (Try working it out with your
insurance company, and help them understand how it will SAVE money in the
long run...
I'm sure if you call his office, they could give you a price quote.