C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joy Liebeskind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:56:16 -0400
looking for some advice. Sarah is interested in trying voice input
software on her computer. Actually the school is buying her a laptop-so
we are trying to look at all options & what hardware we need to run the
software which will hep her the most. Currently she uses a Mac with
Write out oud, co-writer & co-reader. She uses Appleworks. types  1
handed & can run spell check. She uses the word prediction some- more at
home where I keep expanding it, but at aschool no one bothers.

can any one tell me what they use-how hard to learn, and what evel of
editing skills you need for it. ?      thanks   joy   sarah is 15, but
functions more on about a 3-4 th grade level although she is at the High
school