From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:40:00 -0700
At 9:52 7/17/03, C. ten Broeke wrote:
>Does anyone have a good recipe for lamb hearts? I went to the Turkish
>butcher here where I get the bones for my dog and picked up lambs liver
>and -hearts. The dog is eating the hearts raw and I thought it's time
>for me to give them a try as well.

An old family favorite is simply to brown them in some bacon or duck fat or
the like, and then add water, red wine if you like, an onion and a stalk of
celery, and just simmer til tender. Actually, lamb hearts are young and
tender enough that you can slice them and fry like chops, too.

>Glad to report btw that one of the young women of my work who has severe
>arthritis started eating Paleo (under some pressure of my part) for a
>few days and yesterday noticed she had knuckels on her hands. For so
>long they had been covered in swollen flesh that she couldn't even see
>them. Now she noticed that also her brain is getting affected as well.
>She said (very significant to me) that she feels like when she was on
>anti-depressants!! I remember all the discussions here about the
>benefits of our way of eating for our mental health. The sharp edges
>seem to be taken off and overall she is enthousiastic.  Same way the fog
>seems to have been lifted from my blondish mind.
>
>Christy

On this very note, today I spoke with a 30-something woman of my recent
acquaintaince, and told her that the diet would make her feel like she was
on Paxil, without the Paxil! Trying to impress upon her that calmness and
lack of worry is our birthright:)

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!