From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:42:52 -0600
>You can see from this figure that fasting insulin levels are more than
>twice
>as predictive for the development of heart disease than LDL cholesterol,
>which is currently considered the gold standard.

Hmmmm.  Might I ask a humble opine?  My LDL:HDL ratio was ultra-low at last
count -- a whopping .9 -- with my triglycerides in the basement, as well.
By those standards, my risk of heart disease is nice and low.  So's my
fasting insulin level.  But losing additional weight is a BITCH!
Apparently, a low fasting insulin level (or hyperinsulinemic vs. insulin
RESISTANT) is a nasty thing to be if you want to lose weight.  What, if
anything, is YOUR opinion on this?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO