From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:14:12 -0500

Hi All,
I just found out my Gliadin IGA is 223.8 and the IGG is 102.2.  The normal
range for both of these is 0-29.   Last year my tests were all negative.  I
cannot seem to find the culprit as I am very strict with my diet.  Right
now I have progressing belly pain and gas and bloating, and am really not
feeling so great.

I want to list my drugs and see if anyone disagrees with their GF status,
but only let me know if you VERIFIED their status.
Cytomel, Ditropan XL, Synthroid, Os-Cal, Slo-Mag, Ferro-Sequels.  I also
take Member's Mark Vitamin E from Sam's Club, and Vitamin C from Meijer's.

I had hoped to find a drug to be the culprit, particularly the Ditropan, as
I have only been taking that about a year, but according to the company (to
the best of the nurse's knowledge), it was GF.

The next biggie is food.  I am very strict on my diet, but have been eating
the Deland Bread. And guess what..... we have been consuming it for almost
a year!! I have watched with great interest all the remarks.  Even a few in
our support group cannot tolerate it.    I have been in that bakery, and
yes, it is small, but I didn't tour it.   I like this bread, but I suppose
the next major step is to eliminate it for several weeks.

By the way, is Tums or Rolaids ok?   Seems the gas gets so bad, I have to
use something.

Thanks for all the help.   This is discouraging as I have been doing so
great..... not to mention embarrassing at times!!

Bev
Mansfield OH