From:
Desiree Ferrandi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:34:38 -0500

I wrote this brief email to the writer and below it is her response.  I
have an open mind but I'm not going to totally dismiss the medical
establishment in favor of crystals!

This link to  the article  was posted by Connie Saros
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/personal_poetry/57317

My email:

This article has so much inaccurate information I'm not sure I could list
it all!  How could the writer or editor not bother to find out what Celiac
Disease really is and the treatment for it before disseminating such
gibberish!  Check out some real info at www.celiac.com.

This web site has lost all credibility with me and the entire celiac
listserve -- about 3,000 people!

the author's response:

Look, if I want to write an Opinion Column or article or entire BOOK
about my own experiences with celiac disease, I WILL - and maybe if some
of you would LISTEN to how I manage to cope with having this problem,
then it would help you too!!!!

If I receive any more of these nasty notes from you people, I will block
the word celiac from my incoming mail - what is wrong with all of you?
Have you been so brainwashed by the medical people that you can't open
your minds a tiny crack to have a look at an alternative?  Personally, I
don't like spending ten hours with stomach cramps and in the bathroom,
and using a crystal or other pendulum has helped me identify what I can
and can't eat for over a decade!  Why don't you try asking about things
before you freak out and start yelling at someone?  Nice group of people
on your list - please do remove anything I've ever written from your
existence.

Alice C. Bateman

Co-Owner & Managing Editor, The Writer's Voice
http://www.writers-voice.com/index.html
Owner & Webmastress, The Writer's Vision
http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/alice_c_bateman/index.html
Former Contributing Editor, Suite 101.com
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/personal_poetry
Buy my first Novel, IN HER TERROR, at
http://www.1stbooks.com/cgi-bin/1st?partner~1st|type~6|Data1~13879