From:
Desiree Ferrandi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 20:46:23 -0400

Here is the response to my letter about the gluten status of their products.  My son tested positive for both celiac genes using Dr. Fine's tests.  Given the likelyhood that he will develop the disease I'm happy to hear that so many foods are safe for him.

Desiree,

Thank you for your e-mail and congratulations on the birth of your baby.

Following is a list of Gerber 1st Foods that are gluten-free:

Rice Single Grain Cereal
All fruits
All vegetables

The only 1st Foods that contain gluten are the oatmeal and barley single grain cereals.

We have taken this opportunity to mail you some complimentary coupons and reading information we hope you will find useful.

Best wishes from your friends @ gerber.com.

007313782A
NET/csg