Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:38:25 -0400
The lack of video can be a result of bad Motherboard, CPU, Memory and video card and of course bad connections & monitor.

To trouble shoot: remove everything ( floppy, CDrom,Keyboard, mouse all cards, ribbon cables ect.) everything except the video card and than boot up. You should get several DOS messages. (A Black screen with messages)

If you can't get this far than you have bad cpu, Motherboard or memory.

However, your problem is intermitten and therefore it will be hard to nail down without another video card, Cpu or other RAM memory.

And by the way, an overheat problem can cause the same condition.

My suspect would be the RAM MEMORY or overheating of the CPU rather than video card.

Mike michel

On Sun 08/31, Chuck Hassenplug wrote:

Dear Desmond,
Sounds like the problem lies in the video card. Have you tried using the video for an extending length of time in another pc? Try that and let us know how it goes....
 Original Message From: [log in to unmask] Sent: August 31, Subject: Vidoe Cut Off

I wonder can anyone suggest how to resolve my self build pc problem. I have brought the following parts from a internet company:

1. MSI KT3-U-2 Std SoA Mobo
2. 64Mb MSI GF4 MX460VTP VinTVo video card
3. 1900 AMD XP CPU + HSF
4. Scan 2010 Midi Case 350W PFC
5. 40G IBM VC HDD 2M/7200/ATA10

I put them together and it works for a while, no more then  three months.For no know reason, the monitor went black and can not see any thing at all. I have tried the following tests:

1. The monitor is working fine when i connected to my old pc.
2. I removed the video card and put it back and reboot the system. It workings for a while and same problem reoccurs.
I have very little positive help from this internet company even thought all the parts are still under warranty I don't have any spare parts to swap over and determine the problem.  Desmond

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml