From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:06:45 -0400
Hi Gary.

Right now, I am trying to decide about whether or not to abandon HF
operation and shortwave listening, but if I were to stay in, I would be
interested in this meter.  I am unlikely to spend anything else on HF as
long as the Broadband over Power Lines remains a significant possibility,
and may decide to get out for that reason.

So, while interested, I can't commit until this issue is settled.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:34 AM 8/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Fellow Hams,
>
>I guess it's about time for me to at least give everybody some sort of
>update. I want all interested to know that I stay in constant contact with
>the company. The unfortunate part of this is something not particularly
>strange to blind people. The talking power/ SWR meter is still going to be
>offered as far as I know, it's just taken a back seat to another project
>right now. Like most products beneficial to blind people something like this
>will obviously have a somewhat limited  market. The fact that the company
>took the initiative to produce the CW output model and now the talking model
>tells me that at least they haven't completely forgotten about the blind
>operators. The bottom line is that when this company produces an accessible
>meter like this we as blind hams need to support them as much as we can. The
>p-2000 CW was discontinued because of lack of interest from blind operators.
>It may be that alot of blind operators simply didn't know about the
>availability of it and I'm counting on that and also doing a better job of
>getting the word out to every blind ham possible when the talking unit
>becomes available. I hope everybody will be a bit patient and count on
>supporting this company when they do finalize the unit and make it available
>to us. I hope that answers any questions  anybody has about the status of
>the meter  but if  not I am available by email or phone to answer questions.
>
>Gary
>
>Gary Jackson
>Phone: 409-962-0353

Louis Kim Kline