From:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A S Levario <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:43:32 -0500

This week members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate are
back home for the annual 4th of July recess.   That means -- parades,
picnics, and lots of handshaking.

Seize the opportunity to shake hands, or share an ice cream with them.
If you have the chance, explain how you want to make safe choices at
the grocery store, but can't because the food labels don't provide
sufficient information.   Then, let the member know you'll drop off or
mail additional information to their office.

We want Senators and Representatives to hear about celiac disease and
food labeling in as many settings as possible.  We want our words to
resonate
at home and in Washington, DC.   We want better food labels.

Put on your Celiac Walk t-shirts and head on over to the picnics and
parades!

Andrea

Andrea S. Levario
Co-Chair, Legislative Project