From:
Sherry Roeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:49:57 EST

We recently went to Adagio's in Iowa City, IA and had a very good experience
there!  I called for reservations and asked right away if they could
accomodate a GF meal.  The owner actually answered and said he knew about
gluten free since his wife has Celiac also.  He said he'd put that info on my
reservation so the chef and waiter would be aware.  The waiter was very
attentive and came back with the menu items that were GF.  I had a wonderful
steak, salad (with no croutons, the first time) and mashed potatoes.  The
only bad thing was I think there was garlic in the potatoes - which I am
allergic to.  Oh well...  at least NO gluten stomach aches.  They also said
some of their sauces are GF so they could put them on rice instead of
pasta...  The owner has another restaurant called Devotay also in Iowa City.
I haven't checked on that menu yet for GF items but will check it out soon.

Sherry Roeder
Cedar Rapids, IA